This weekend, some of my closest friends and I went to Deep Creek, MD for a fun and relaxing time away from (Washington) DC.
Instead of the regular picture show, how about 10 Things I Learned In Deep Creek:
1. Be sure to bring plenty to drink. Having fun can make you thirsty.
2. Be sure to bring plenty to eat. Use your drinks to wash it down.
3. Have an open mind to try new things. Even if that thing is smelly.
4. Be prepared to see things you’ve never seen before, like a Menage’a Dog.
5. Bring a game console (xBox, WII or PS3). No matter how many people are there, not everyone will want to do the same thing at the same time. Have options. And assorted games of all kinds.
6. Bring a deck of cards, and other games.
7. Be sure that a member of your party can build and sustain a bonfire.
8. Elect a house mascot. (Like Fozzie Bear below.) Everything is more fun with a mascot. If you’ve run out of things to do, just look to see what your mascot is doing, and follow suit.
9. Feel free to overdo it. You have to worry about drinking and driving after your buddy’s houseparty, but at the end of the night in Deep Creek, you can just hobble to your room without a care in the world.
10. By golly, bring your camera. I swear, most of the things I do are 10 times more exciting for me because I brought my camera.