This blog is for my mom (and anyone else who cares), about the best thing I’ve done for my electric bill this year: I got a wall fireplace. The pictures below are of the FireGlo gel fuel cans that are used in the fireplace once I pry the top off with a screwdriver…

See the gel? It kinda smells like alcohol a little bit. After you open them, clean the excess gel off of the tops of the cans, in case you use them later to douse the fire.

And here is the fireplace, mounted just above eye level on the wall. Included is a tray that you can use for decoration while the fireplace isn’t in use.

Remove the candle tray and just slip the gel cans right into the three slots below.

The tops of the gel cans are level with the bottom of he fireplace.

Then, simply light the gel by touching the flame to the gel slightly. We re-lit the one in the middle, there was about 1/4 gel left from the last time we used it.

This was the temperature when I lit the fireplace.

Mike warmed up, amazed while we watched Planet Earth on Discovery HD.

So comfortable and cozy…

It got so warm!

And the burners burned out at 11 pm. No electric heat was used all night. Time for bed!